Sunday, June 28, 2015

Blog Post #9

After reading Seven Essentials for Project-Based Learning, I learned that each project you give a student to do needs seven key factors in order to make it a great project based learning assignment. Those seven factors are: A need to know, A driving question, Student's voice and choice, 21st century skills, Inquiry and Innovation, Feedback and Revision, A publicly presented product.

Once I watched Project-Based Learning for Teachers, I realized how meaningful project based learning is. I learned that project based learning is mainly where you as the kids a question that needs to be thought of deep. If they have a deep question to ask, then they are more apt to answer that question and find more in the process of answering it.

I am really glad I chose to watch PBL-High School Math. This video is about showing how different teachers realize and overcome the complications of project based learning. This certain school was in year 3 of 5 in converting the school to straight project based. Many of the teachers at this school had been teaching the same curriculum for multiple years and did not want to change what they had done for so long. They finally decided to change and are so glad they did.

I watched the video where two students solved the problem of watery ketchup. They solved this problem by creating a new lid for the bottle. They were able to have a year long invention project. This is a really cool idea, and it makes it more interesting that they used a subject that they both like.

The last article I used was Project Based Learning in PE
crafting question that drive projects
. I read this article, and it was about how you can incorporate project based learning even in to physical education. This is interesting about how someone thinks outside the box to come up with ideas in order to incorporate the project based learning in every subject.

3 comments:

  1. Overall, I enjoyed your post but I have a couple of suggestions. I would suggest to proofread your post. It had a couple of grammatical errors, punctuation errors, and incomplete sentences. Also, I would watch the location of your picture. It messes with the flow of the blog. With these in mind for changes, I believe your post would be a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post. You gave a brief description of what you read and gave your opinion. You have a couple of errors though. Don't worry everyone makes mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Once I watched Project-Based Learning for Teachers, I realized meaningful project based learning is." Something is missing in this sentence. I think you need how in front of meaningful.

    "I learned that project based learning is mainly where you as the kids a question that needs to be thought of deep.' This sentence makes no sense as written.

    "If they have a deep question to ask, then they are more apt to answer that question and find more in the process of answering it." Again, this sentence is unclear.

    Instead of this: "This certain school ", name the school.

    "project based learning even in to physical education." Removeto.

    This blog post is very poorly done. It is not clear to me that you understood what you read/watched. Nor is it well written.

    Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete