Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blog Assignment #3

Peer Editing can be fun, but only if you give a quality peer review. Number One rule in peer editing is STAY POSITIVE. I love this rule because I am a very positive person. Even though I know I have to critique my peers and other teachers, I try to critique them in a positive manner. To hear that staying positive is the number one rule was very important to me. There is a process you have to follow in order to give a quality peer review.

The first step to follow is to always begin your review with complimenting. Always try to compliment on their topic, sentence, humor, etc. The second step is to make suggestions. To make a suggestion means giving ideas about how to improve their writing. This is the hardest step for me because I always try to just do corrections instead of suggestions. Speaking of corrections, the third step is making corrections. You can make corrections on Punctuations, Grammar, Sentences, Spelling.

For a summary to a quality peer review, complete all steps. Always remember to stay positive and do not be a Meany Margaret or Picky Patrick. Also remember treat others how you would like to be treated. two kids editing each others photos

1 comment: