Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blog Assignment #10

In Cassidy 13 Part 1, Ms. Cassidy talked about how her children use blogs, videos, and wikis throughout the school year. About 5 years ago from when this Skype video was taken, Ms. Cassidy was giving 5 computers for her classroom. At that time, she did not have technology incorporated into the her classroom. She said she quickly realized that incorporating the computers she was given would be helpful. She begin by making a center with the computers, and the kids were able to post on their blogs while they were in the center. Towards the end of the video she talks about how she became more interested in technology through her online network, her Twitter account, and nings.

In Cassidy 13 Part 2, Dr. Strange ask Ms. Cassidy where she would recommended new teachers like myself to begin. I really liked her answer because she said just start on what you are interested in. That was really encouraging for me. For the rest of this video, she talks about the importance of a PLN. I have started a PLN in EDM 310, but I have not used it on a regular basis. I will use this technique for when I become a teacher because I need to be able to have all the sites I visit regularly right on one page.

In Cassidy 13 Part 3, Dr. Strange's students get to ask Ms. Cassidy questions they would like to know the answer to. Most of the questions were about blogging. I will most definitely use a class blog in my classroom. My blog will be a way to communicate not only to my students but also to my parents. Using a class blog could bring a little bit of problem. The problems could be that kids will post off topic post. I will keep an eye on every blog post that a student post and make sure that it is appropriate and according to topic. A major benefit to using a class blog is that you will not have to waste paper by sending home a newsletter. All information will be communicated through the class blog.

2 comments:

  1. "My blog will be a way to communicate not only to my students but also to my parents." A class blog is a great way to keep the parents updated on what is going on in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that having a classroom blog or site is very beneficial. Parents can be connected with what their students are learning in the classroom. Mrs. Cassidy speaks a lot about blogging. There were several great tips for us to use one day when in our own classrooms.

    ReplyDelete