Friday, June 12, 2015

Blog Assignment #6

In Project Based Learning with Anthony Capps Part 1 and Part 2, I learned that children get very excited to engage in project based learning. Children need to know about the content that is being taught in the project based learning. I also learned that not all projects go as well or as planned. Which in my opinion, I would take that experience as you learn by mistakes.

I had never heard of iCurio before I watched iCurio: Conversations with Anthony. What I learned about iCurio is that it is a place where children can search and only be searching websites that have the content that pertains to the project they are currently doing. This is a very helpful feature because this can help the kids have a little more leeway instead of the teacher always wondering what they are searching.

Discovery Ed is a short video explaining what Discovery Ed is. I learned that Discovery Ed is a website that gives a video to what ever kind of project based learning assignment they are learning about. I have always heard that if you give a child visual with text they will retain it more because of the visual, and Anthony stated the same thing. This is way Discovery Ed is good.

I really enjoyed Strange Tips for Teachers Part 1. I have never heard that teachers need to continue to learn until EDU 346, and ever since then I began to see why teachers need to continue to learn and that shows that teaching is not an easy profession. I have always known that teaching was a non stop job. Anthony just confirmed that. What is learned most from this video was that: Even though teaching is a hard and never ending job, it is so rewarding in the end.

Don't Teach It. Use it! taught me that children already know technology. There is no need to teach children technology because they already know how to use it probably better than you. Instead of teaching technology just use technology, and the students will enjoy class just as much.

Additional Thought about Lessons taught me that a lesson is at least four layers thick. One layer is are you gonna cover all of your curriculum for the year. Layer two is your unit including projects. Layer three is your week. Layer four is your daily lesson.

I really enjoyed all these lessons by Anthony Capps. He is a very knowledgeable man. I look forward to becoming a teacher and never stopping my learning process clearly like Anthony hasn't.

4 comments:

  1. "I have never heard that teachers need to continue to learn until EDU 346,…" Really!

    "... teaching was a none stop job." non, not none

    " Instead of teaching technology just teach technology…" Do you mean just use technology? I think that is what you meant to write.

    Anthony was my first Lab Assistant in EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Anthony is a very knowledgeable man and he is very inspirational. I really liked Discovery Ed as well. I think there are a lot of people that retain more with a visual along with text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had also never heard of iCurio or Discovery Ed before EDM 310 and I agree that Mr. Capps is very knowledgeable, he sounds like a great teacher and I can't wait for his visit on June 30th.

    ReplyDelete