Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Practice Blog

Outline: General Information 1. Madison House 2. Hurley, MS 3. Kids, Scrapbooking, and Cheer 4. Close to home 5. Large Family Why Education? 1. Ever since I was 6 2. Love for kids 3. Not only teaching schoolwork but also morals 4. Be able to used advanced technology 5. Best at Math 6. Improve in Reading My name is Madison House. I was born and raised and still reside in Hurley Mississippi. I enjoy scrapbooking, babysitting, and cheerleading. I have always wanted to teach little girls cheer and scrapbook what I teach along the way. When I first graduated high school, I attended Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College as a starter college and received my Associate's Degree. I then decided on South Alabama because it is close to home for my Bachelor's Degree. I have a very big family. I am the baby of seven siblings. I also have three nieces and two nephews with one nephew on the way. I enjoy my family and will be becoming part of a new family in March 2016 when I marry my fiancé. Everyone always ask why did you choose to be a teacher? I have a very simple answer for that, and it is that I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was six years old and the love I have for kids. I can remember when I was little, I would sit back in my room and play school for hours. I believe teachers from the 21st century need to not only teach schoolwork to children but also morals. I am a devout christian and believe that the way the world is going morals need to be taught not only by the parents but also by the teachers. I also think that 21st century teachers need to be able to use advanced technology because one day we will no longer use paper and pencil. Everyone will use computers and the internet. My passions are loving on and teaching children, and the passion I want to improve is counseling children.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I am married and it is a learning experience everyday. My husband and I have been married now for 8 years, and we have two beautiful children so I understand the role of children and doing schoolwork while having kids. I also have a large family, but that is a blessing. It sounds like you will be a great teacher and the children will be lucky to have a good influence. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun planning a wedding and going to school! I did that last year. I got married in June. It's fun and stressful at times, but it is all worth it. I also attended a community college for my first two years. I went Faulkner State before coming to South. I agree with you about teachers teaching students about morals. I know that we can't talk about our religious beliefs to our students but we can teach them right from wrong. They need more people in the life cheering them on and helping them become successful individuals. The role of a teacher is so important for so many reasons. We have decided to take on one of the most rewarding careers; being able to be a part of a child's life and teach them what they need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember to add additional lines as necessary. Making your blog post one long post makes it difficult for the reader to read it. If you need help with this feel free to come into the lab for help.

    ReplyDelete