Thursday, May 28, 2015

Blog Assignment #1

I have heard many different statements about EDM310. Most of those statements were that the class was very time consuming. I found this frightening because I live at home where my mother has custody of my three year old nephew, and when he is in the house nothing can get done. After the first class meet, I went home to try to do work and realized the assignments are not very difficult or take up time. I was quite relived. Having time to do the assignments was one of my biggest fears, but I overcame that. The other fear I have is doing something wrong. I am a perfectionist, and I would be upset if I did something wrong. I do not think I will be able to overcome this fear because I always struggle with this fear even outside of this class. EDM 310 is must different than any other coarse I have taken in previous college semesters or high school. It is different because it has many more assignments than normal, and the class requires much more technology. I think the most difficult assignment in EDM310 for me will be making movies. I absolutely hate being videoed because of self esteem problems. I also hate listening to my own voice. I know I will have to overcome this problem, and one way to overcome that is by getting over what people think of me. I am steady in the process of overcoming this, and I have came a long way since I was little. I have no further questions about EDM310, and I look forward to moving forward in this class. a busy calendar with no space for another assignment

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I was also relieved to see for myself what the assignments would be like. I was expecting an evil man making us do loads of impossible work. This class is much different than I thought. Dr. Strange is very helpful, and the work may be time consuming but it is possible. The topics that we cover are actually helping us to become better teachers. I found a few spelling mistakes I wanted to bring to your attention. You said "relived" instead of relieved. And you said that EDM 310 is "must" different. I believe you meant to say "much" different. Other than that, great post. I hope you are able to overcome your insecurities about being on camera and hearing your voice. Unfortunately a lot of women deal with this same issue. I know I do sometimes, but you can't worry about what other people think. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete